.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

A fun and AMAZING week!

Don't worry, I am not quitting already! This past week was just so great, that I put blogging to the back of mind!

Now let's see, where to start? Well, on Monday night the best thing happened! My wonderful husband came home! We haven't seen him since the beginning of September, so we all were really missing him. I was excited because Dash has already changed so much and I hate that Derrick is missing it. Derrick's flight came in after the kids were already asleep Monday night, so they were both so excited when they woke up with him here! Then Derrick was able to come with me to... their first day of school!!!!!!

They were not very cooperative taking pictures before school


That's right, DJ and Harlow started school on Tuesday and I can already feel my sanity returning. They only go two days a week, but it is perfect for them. They get to interact with other kids their age and I can run errands without my whole posse (I still am afraid to leave the house with all 3 of them by myself, getting them in and out of car seats is an adventure in it's self!). While they were at school, Derrick and I (and Dash) were even able to have a little lunch date. We had sushi and it was so good! It was the first time I have had it since I got pregnant with Dash... boy did I miss it! DJ and Harlow both had a great first day of school. DJ loves it there, Harlow is skeptical, but I know she will love it too... eventually.



Derrick had to go back to Jersey Tuesday night. I am always sad when he leaves, but at least this time I was able to hold back the tears until he got out of the car. The hardest part is telling the kids to give him a big kiss and let them know he won't be there in the morning. They are total Daddy's babies, so they are the happiest kids when he is home. Apparently I can't wrestle like he can and I am not nearly as funny. We all miss him, but it was great to see him even if it was only for a day.


Today we went to the circus and let me tell you... it was FUN! The kids loved it!!! We went with my mom, so of course the got absolutely everything they wanted. I loved seeing their cute little faces light up whenever they would see an elephant, watching them laugh at the clowns, and hearing DJ keep asking "How they do dat?!". I remember going with my mom, aunt, and cousin every year when I was little, so it was wonderful to pass on something so fun to my kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment