.


Monday, September 26, 2011

Time To Shape Up

So over the weekend, my healthy eating habbits went down the drain. Cupcakes, cookies, cake pops, pasta, and even more carbs. So today, I have really have to try and focus on eating healthy again. I want this baby weight off of me!!!! The kids and I are going to go for a walk today, I am taking the double stroller and strapping Dash in the Moby. I know I am going to look like a crazy lady with all these little kids, but it should be a good work out.

I found a 5k that I really want to run in December. My main goal, however, is to run a half marathon next fall. When I was in high school, I loved to run. Now? I don't think I could run a mile without passing out! I am really determined to get in running shape again. When DJ and Harlow are in school, I am going to put Dash in the jogging stroller and start training. Wish me luck, because I don't think this is going to be easy.

I would love to do this with some people! I know most of my friends live in different states, but I am going to try and figure something out. If you are interested in doing this with me, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interested in running the half with you, Alexa! Just let me know the details. As for training, I found that training with a group helped this newbie tremendously. I joined up with a Jeff Galloway (run/walk) group here, but if that's not your thing, I'm sure there are lots of other groups in your area. Oh, and while I'm not good at taking this advice myself, relax! You JUST had a baby. Everything will fall back into place. Trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You have ran them before, haven't you? I am excited and nervous at the same time. And... everything is falling all right, just not back into place! Haha!

    ReplyDelete