.


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Flashback

Tonight while I was getting the kids ready for bed, a commercial came on tv. I wasn't paying attention until I heard 3 letters- ALS. ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease) attacks the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. It is a devastating disease that can affect anyone and it does not yet have a cure. I will fully admit that I did not know much about this disease until a few years ago. I did not know much about it until I found out that one of the kindest, most caring people I know was diagnosed with it. OJ Brigance, the Senior Advisor to Player Development for the Baltimore Ravens, was diagnosed in 2007 and is determined to beat this. I am not in Baltimore anymore, but I still think of him and his wonderful wife often. I know he can beat this and I want to help. Participating in 'The Walk to Defeat ALS' is one small way I can support him. The walk is on Saturday, I am hoping I can meet my fundraising goal by then. If you would like to donate to this amazing cause (any amount helps and all money goes help fight ALS) visit:



After signing up for the walk, I started to think about my time in Baltimore. I was thinking about how scared I was to go there. I was so young and I didn't know anyone, but it turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done. I met some of the most amazing women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and I made friendships that will last a lifetime. It seemed as though we all were pregnant at the same time too! So not only were we friends, but even our kids loved each other! I don't know if I will ever be lucky enough to be in a place where everyone gets along and everyone GENUINELY likes and cares about one another. If I don't, I won't even care... experiencing it once was good enough for me! I still miss all my Bmore girls, though!

Mini meet up this past summer

No comments:

Post a Comment